Sunday 31 July 2011

Midi




TOP AND SKIRT:H&M

I spent the majority of my weekend in Bristol, melting from the heat and humidity so for the train back today i decided to wear this floaty, breezy, midi number that i bought yesterday.
Yeah, i now own a midi skirt. A mid length skirt. DID NOT SEE THAT COMING!
I gotta say, i rather love it. It's a beautiful length, the cut and fabric are gorgeous, it's comfy and i feel super at ease wearing it bare legged. I know I'll never buy another one and i also know i will pretty much only wear it as pictured (with black or other dark colour and suitably ballerina-y top knot) but i think it's time for me to say, i was wrong.
I was wrong about not being able to wear the midi trend and i was wrong in thinking i would never like it on myself.

Just goes to show that you should never completely write anything off when it comes to fashion. There will be one item out there that makes a particular trend work for you, it's just a case of finding it!
Never, ever give up : )

5 comments:

  1. I absolutely love this skirt! I would love to wear it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love, love, love the black and white look. I've always envied people who can pull of a high bun like that.

    bisous,
    http://gartersandstockings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. thankyou lots goegeous people : ) x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I realize I'm jumping on the bandwagon a bit late here, but such a cute outfit!!! I, too, wish I could pull off a bun like that. Unfortunately, whenever I try, I end up looking like a psychotic pineapple. True story.

    Just found your blog, and love it! Will definitely be checking back regularly for new posts. =)

    Smiles,
    Kelsey
    Charmingpumpkin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks you :)

    i think anyone can do the top knot, it's just a bit intimidating at first. I thought it looked odd when i first did it.

    xx

    ReplyDelete